January 31, 2017

Walking

I've had a hard time with exercise the last 2 years.  As I've gotten older I find that injury and weakness are also increasing.  Because of this, I find that I can no longer push myself as I had in the past.
But I've discovered in training that sometimes going slower and keeping things easy are what make you stronger.

He has told you, O man, what is good, and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8
I often feel my expectations are harder than what God puts on me.  I push and push while God just wants me to walk.
He doesn't say sit or dwell.
It doe
sn't say run.
He says walk.
                                                              
This is the way, walk in it.
Jeremiah 30:21

Thus says the Lord: Stand by the roads and look and ask for the ancient paths where the good way is, and walk in it and find rest for your souls.  
Jeremiah 6:16

I often feel so stressed by all the things I feel I should be doing, but God isn't telling me to work harder.  He is saying that there is action on my part, but that maybe sometimes I overthink and over-react. 
When all I need to do is just walk.

No comments: