April 2, 2015

Comfort Food: Easy Stovetop Mac and Cheese

Every now and then you need some comfort food.
It's been a rough few weeks and my body was craving some mac and cheese.
I use Dreamfields pasta once a month maybe, as I usually prefer to use veggies over traditional pasta.  Today I needed some pasta.
It is still on plan with Trim, Healthy Mama, and I have always done well as far a maintaining and losing while using this product so I call it all good.
This recipe is S and could be jazzed up with the addition of some broccoli or other veggies, but that wasn't going to happen here today.

Enjoy~


Stovetop Mac and Cheese-S

makes 1 serving

1/4 cup dry elbow pasta from Dreamfields (one serving per the box)
1/4 C shredded cheddar
2 TBSP shredded parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp almond milk

Boil water with salt to cook the pasta.  Follow the box directions of 8 minutes for elbows.  (I actually do 7.5 minutes to keep the firmness.
Strain pasta when cooked and return it to the first pan you used.
Add the almond milk and cheeses.  Stir well till all is melty and coated.  Add salt and pepper at this time (I find fresh parmesan salty enough to not need more).

No comments: