So while there is still a little green left on the trees, I'm going to pretend it is still summer and enjoy the tastes that come along with it.
I initially saw this recipe done as a frozen bar-like treat, but I like smoothies and personally don't care to bite into something cold and frozen (that's just one of my own, many personal issues).
It is also a Fuel Pull/FP on the Trim, Healthy Mama plan and I like to use it as a mid-day snack. The yogurt adds some protein and you can get some veggies, fruits and more vitamins and minerals than you can probably think of with this.
I also use my Blendtec but most blenders should be able to handle this one pretty well.
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 2 limes, quartered (peel, pith, seeds and all)
- 1 cup of fat-free plain yogurt or greek yogurt
- 2-3 cups of water and ice
- handful of lemon-basil leaves (this was what was handy for me to pick, but fresh mint leaves are also a great choice)
- generous pinch of Redmond RealSalt
- Stevia to taste
Process on the 'whole juice' setting of the Blendtec or for a few minutes until smooth in your blender.