August 12, 2013

THM Menu, The Sequel

This has been a great week as far as staying on plan with Trim, Healthy Mama.  I'm pretty close to, if not already at, goal weight, and lost 2 pounds somehow last week. Body fat and inches are down as well.

I will admit that I've been craving lighter meals and more E/energizing meals lately and that might be what is helping?  I just feel like my metabolism is really revved.  This time of year also makes me want to eat a bit lighter as well though.

I've also just completed Focus T25's Alpha level, and so far, I feel like I'm totally nailing the Beta level.  The Alpha level was hard and I struggled some days, but I made it all the way through.

Remember, as far as menus go, this isn't the BK or IHOP.  I don't take orders for food and we all pretty much eat the same things as a family for meals.
The main exception is at breakfast when my growing boys usually have toast with butter, full fat cottage cheese and some fruit.  They also get S meals that have been rounded out with rice or bread, or E meals with added fats.   And instead of a green smoothie for a meal, they might have a wrap or a hot dog even.
And with a husband on second shift, we eat our 'dinner' at noontime and our lighter, lunch meal in the evening.

If I can, I have included a link or page number from THM, but I don't have time to do a nutritional analysis and I don't count carbs, fat, calories or fiber grams.  I use the food lists in the book as a guide, and have lost 38 pounds in the last 9 months eating this way.  There is some repetition as I like some things better than others, and tend to shop sales.
Enjoy!

Lunch:  Pink Smoothie- E 
Snack: half an apple with almond butter- S-helper

 Breakfast:  Coco-Banana Muffin-S
Lunch: Salmon patties with cauliflower mash and peas-S
Dinner:  Frittata with spinach, tomatoes and cheddar, side salad- S

 Breakfast: 2 pieces of artisan bread (homemade) with Almond milk/protein powder-E
Snack: half and apple with almond butter- S-helper
Dinner:  Huge chef salad with veggies, hard boiled egg, cheddar and light ranch dressing -S

Snack: Cottage Berry Whip-FP (pg 379)
Dinner: Tuna salad on low-carb pita with sweet potato fries-E

Lunch:  Pulled pork burritos with low-carb wrap and salad-S
Snack: Just-Like Wheat Thins with wedge of Laughing Cow-S (pg 396)
Dinner: Huge chef salad with veggies, hard boiled egg, cheddar and light ranch dressing -S 

Breakfast: Non-fat cottage cheese with strawberries-FP
Lunch:  Low-carb wraps with lean meat and low-fat cheese and side salad and green smoothie- FP
Dinner: Fooled Ya Pizza-S (pg 276)

Lunch: Baked chicken (lean), roasted sweet potatoes, and salad with veggies and low-fat dressing-E
Snack: Choco Pudding-FP (pg 363)
Dinner:  Chicken Thai Soup, side salad and a low-carb pita-FP


This recipe is shared as a part of Trim, Healthy Tuesday link at Stacy Makes Cents and Gwen's Nest.  Check out the site for more THM ideas and recipes.

1 comment:

Stacy Makes Cents said...

I crave light meals in the summer too - heavy on the veggies please! :-)
Thank you for linking at Trim Healthy Tuesday!