August 7, 2013

Quick and Easy: Pasta Alfredo with Clams and Veggies-S

This is another quick and easy meal that can be slammed out on those busy days, or if you just got behind and forgot about all those people in your house that always seem to want food.

It is quick and easy, but also healthy, nutritious and on THM plan.  What more could you want?
Well, it tastes pretty good too, or at least we all enjoy it at our house.
There is nothing homemade, or purist, about this dish, and I'm happy for you if you milked your cow and then used the cream to make the alfredo sauce, but feel free to use short-cuts as you feel led.
I will add that this is another place where I use frozen veggies.  Yes, if I have some from the garden, or get a great deal on them, I'll chop and steam them myself, but that would add some time.  Plus, like I've mentioned before, the frozen 1 pound bags at the store are pretty affordable.

Pasta Alfredo with Clams and Veggies

The ingredients include: Dreamfield's Pasta (I like the spaghetti), a can of minced or chopped clams, on plan (lite) alfredo sauce, a 1 pound bag of frozen veggies (mine is a stir-fry blend with broccoli, mushrooms, water chestnuts and a few carrots), and parmesan cheese

Cook the pasta.  Follow the directions exactly, or the carbs will become unbound and will not be THM-friendly.
Meanwhile combine your alfredo and the clams, juice included, in a pan and heat.
Defrost the veggies and add them to the alfredo when they are warm.

When the pasta is ready, drain and combine it with  the alfredo, clams and veggies, or simply serve it over the top as I did.
Top with some parmesan cheese, if you desire.

A salad pairs nicely with this dish.



This recipe is shared as a part of Trim, Healthy Tuesday link at Stacy Makes Cents and Gwen's Nest.  Check out the site for more THM ideas and recipes.

2 comments:

Stacy Makes Cents said...

Oh girl...you had me until the clams part. Oh mercy. Chicken for me. Once, I had clam juice - my life will never be the same again. I was scarred. SCARRED.
Yes, I think this would work fabulously with chicken. :-)
Thanks for linking at Trim Healthy Tuesday!

Amanda said...

Seriously delicious and yummy! We don't do clams, but I sauteed some chicken in a bit of diced garlic and chicken broth and then just mixed the sauce right in - yum! And easy. Family of 8 here and this is a winner in everyone's book. Thanks for sharing :-)