July 30, 2013

Weekly Menu THM-Style


Once again, I have fallen off the menu planning wagon.  My intentions are usually so good, but I hate being locked into having a plan.
But I am trying (hate that word) to keep to a budget, and be more prepared.
So here's my menu for the week.  It will probably change before it is all done, but if I post it, at least I'll know where to find it?

I will also add that this is pretty close to how we always eat.  I've only got 2-5 pounds left to lose depending on where my head is on any given day, so I'm looking to lose a bit, but not aggressively as I was in the past.  Also, with very few exceptions, this is the menu for my entire family.  I'm not that busy, but this isn't the IHOP and I'm not taking order, you know?  Some things are negotiable, especially sides.  My kids need to gain weight and I round their meals out with potatoes, bread and rice along with real sweeteners, like honey or even sugar.
And as per my norm, I'm not giving a shopping list or nutritional info.  I find ingredients subjective and I don't count carbs, calories or fat as a rule.  I prefer to just use the lists in the THM book to guide what I eat.
I generally cook enough for left-overs, but they are usually what my husband takes for his work meals.  I will also add that my husband works second, or swing, shift.  Our main meal each day is lunch with dinner just me and the kids.

Lunch:  Dreamfield's pasta alfredo with clams and veggies, side salad (S)
(this is lite alfredo sauce with broccoli, cauliflower and canned chopped clams added)
Snack:  Strawberry sorbet with some cottage cheese on the side for protein (FP)
Dinner:  Egg salad on low-carb pita with squash chips on the side (S)

Breakfast:  Coco-banana (sounds like Copacabana) Muffin (same recipe as one on monday, but without berries and almond, but with banana extract) (S)
Lunch:  Low-carb wrap with lean cold cuts and low-fat cheese with a green smoothie (FP)
Snack:  1/2 apple with homemade almond butter (S-helper)
Dinner:  Poblano Soup with low carb pita (S)



 Breakfast:  Chocolate-almond berry Muffin (S)
Lunch:  Salmon patties with cauliflower mash and salad (S)
Snack:  1/2 apple with homemade almond butter (S-helper)
Dinner:  Chicken Thai Soup and salad (S)

Breakfast: Oatmeal (E)
Lunch:  Quick and Easy Chili with low-carb pita (E)
Dinner:  Low carb wrap with lean cold cuts and low-fat cheese and salad on the side (FP)

Breakfast:  Eggs and turkey bacon (S)
Lunch:  Pizza on Fooled Ya crust (S) 
Snack:  Cheesecake berry crunch (S), pg 373


 Breakfast:  Coco-banana Muffin (S)
Lunch:  Pasta Salad (S)
Snack: Choco Pudding (FP) pg 366
Dinner:  Spaghetti Squash with butter and parmesan with a side salad (S)

 Breakfast:  Cottage Berry Whip (FP) pg 379
Lunch:  Baked Chicken, cauliflower mash, broccoli with cheese, flax muffins (S)
Snack:  1/2 apple with homemade almond butter (S-helper)
Dinner:  Taco salad, with meat and a low carb wrap (S)

  This post is shared with the link up at Gwen's Nest and Stacy Makes Cents for Trim, Healthy Tuesday.


5 comments:

Pat Baker said...

Hi, I am still reading THM book and love the picture of your cheesecake berry crunch. Do you have a Pinterest board? I am starting to enter pins for THM and would like to have your picture next to the recipe for this cheesecake berry crunch and any of your recipes with pics so I can try to duplicate for myself. Thanks for your time, Pat

Stacy Makes Cents said...

I'm with you - counting is for the birds. I'll just stick with the right foods in the right setting. :-)
Thanks for linking at Trim Healthy Tuesday!
~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

See the Blue Sky said...

Pat, I'm kimi b-ee on pinterest.

Pat Baker said...

I found you! Thanks 😋

Stacy Makes Cents said...

Your post was the top viewed at Trim Healthy Tuesday !!!