July 4, 2013

Chai Tea Chiller- S

I am in love with my new Blendtec and I also am in love with my favorite chai tea, Firefly Chai,  from Mountain Rose Herbs.
This chai should be perfect and lovely anytime of the year, but when it's 90 degrees outside, I'm not exactly craving a hot drink.  So naturally, I look for any excuse to use the blender, but it also has to be Trim, Healthy Mama friendly as well.  So chai, cool, and THM friendly........
Luckily, I found this:

Chai Tea Chiller

1 cup brewed Firefly Chai, or any brand of chai
1/3 cup of half and half
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
a few shakes of Nunatural stevia to taste, or a few tsp of Truvia
1 cup of ice

Blend in your blender.  The ice will melt and the whole thing just becomes a frothy, lovely drink.
This recipe is a part of Trim, Healthy Tuesday at Gwen's Nest and Stacy Makes Cents.  Check out their sites for more recipes and trim, healthy tips.

9 comments:

Gwen said...

I am ALL over this! So, do I have to chill the tea, or can I steep a mug and go right to the blender?

See the Blue Sky said...

Don't worry about chilling the tea. I use it hot and the ice offsets it enough to make it frothy, but not slushy.

Stacy Makes Cents said...

I don't like chai...but I have some and I'm totally going to try this!
Thanks for linking at Trim Healthy Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

I agree. The warm tea makes if frothy, not slushy with ice. I made a bigger batch of tea and used it the first day and it was frothy. The next day I used chilled tea and the texture was more slushy with lots of ice at the bottom. I used the same number of ice cubes both days. I am in love with this recipe. -Steph

Jaime Weis said...

I *love* chai!I will probably make this (only iced) today!!!

Jaime Weis said...

I LOVE chai!!! It's hot today, so I'll definitely be making a heavily-iced version of this!

Stacy Makes Cents said...

You were featured at Trim Healthy Tuesday!!!
http://www.stacymakescents.com/chana-dal-dip

Amy Clark Scheren said...

My teenage daughter is so excited for me to make this for her today! She can't wait!

See the Blue Sky said...

Amy! I hope you and your daughter both enjoy!
kimi