I've made this for years and have just altered the recipe slightly to make it THM friendly. It is technically S-helper, so if you aren't wanting to stray from a strict S meal, then simply omit the cranberries and you are a solid S/Satisfying side.
I will also warn that much like the authors of Trim, Healthy Mama, I'm not into exact measurements with most dishes. Customize as you like and consider the recipe more of a suggestion of what I consider to be yummy.
- 1 bunch of broccoli, chopped small into bite sized pieces. I also add in some of the stem as I like it.
- 1/2 red onion, chopped small
- handful of grape tomatoes, split in half
- handful of cheddar cheese, grated
- small handful/about 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3-5 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped coarsely
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/8 cup truvia. (you would use between 1/8-1/4 cups of sugar, so use the equivalent in a stevia based sweetener. Go light at first so it isn't overly sweet as different brands pack different punches. Mine says use 1 to 1 as with sugar, but if I do it is overly sweet.)
This recipe is part of the link up at Gwen's Nest and Stacy Makes Cents for Trim, Healthy Tuesday!