June 11, 2013

An Asian-inspired Beef with Cabbage-S

I easily get into ruts when it comes to meal planning.  It's easy to make the same thing over and over, and if it is filling and edible, I'm generally alright with it.
I found this recipe and altered it a bit to add more veggies....  you know you can never get too many!  I like to make several pounds of the meat up, use some now and freeze in meal + leftover portions.  It makes it quick to get on the table on busy days and I can just add a side that is freshly prepared.
It has helped me get out of my rut a bit, but then, maybe it just put me in a new one?

(And this technically isn't beef, but a mixture of several ground meats)
Asian-Inspired Beef with Cabbage
  • Ground meat, beef, pork, and chicken are what are in my pot
  • Onion, sliced
  • Bell peppers, sliced
  • Zucchini, chopped
  • Red pepper flakes
  • 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-2 inch piece fresh ginger, minced (or 2 tsp powdered ginger)
Brown the meat in the pan and add the veggies in and cook till soft.  Add the garlic and ginger.
Add the sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes for flavor to mix.
Sauce:
  • 1/3 cup Soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup Beef or chicken stock (if you have it)

I serve mine over thinly sliced cabbage that has been sauteed in a bit of soy sauce and oil.
For my family I also add noodles or rice.
Top with sesame seeds if you like....

This recipe is linked at both Stacy Makes Cents and Gwen's Nest for Trim, Healthy Tuesday!




4 comments:

Jenni said...

Mmm... This looks tasty and easy! Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Trim Healthy Tuesday! :)

See the Blue Sky said...

Thanks so much, Jenni! And thanks for stopping by!

Stacy Makes Cents said...

Oh. My. GOSH! This looks so good. I have to go eat a snack now..thanks a lot. LOL
Thanks for linking up at Trim Healthy Tuesday!

Charity Martin said...

thanks for all of the recipes. I am new to this so it's a big help. And I did not realize we could use soy sauce.