May 30, 2013

Smoky-Spicy Seasoning Mix

I love it when things work.  I like to play around and experiment, but really, I like it when a plan comes together.
I have made my own nacho seasoning for a while, but it just wasn't quite what I was wanting.  So I tweaked it a bit and this is what I came up with.

4 T chili powder
2 T smokey paprika
4 T cumin, ground
2 T onion powder
2 T salt
1 T garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper, ground

I mix them all together and store in a glass, half pint jar.
It takes about 1 T per pound of meat.  

This has a smokey taste, but a little zing to it as well.
My little friend enjoys it too!


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing! The recipe I've been using just hasn't been doing it for us...I'm looking forward to trying this!

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing! The recipe I've been using just hasn't been doing it for us. Looking forward to trying this out!