May 22, 2013

Get Moving!

I have a toddler.  A 13 month old, to be exact....
He is a free spirit... not bound by the clock or calendar.  He doesn't care if it is 5am and he is awake, or if it is 11 am and he is sleeping.  He's also pretty much open to eating most any time, day or night.  He just isn't very discriminating it would seem.

So one morning we were up at 5am and I thought I'd turn on the tv and watch the weather like I do each morning, but my morning news hadn't started yet.  So I turned the channel and sat mesmerized by Shaun T doing Hip Hop Abs for the next 30 minutes.
And the kicker is that you 'get all this' for just $19.97!!!
Actually it's closer to $28 with shipping, but I was hooked.  I spent way too much time researching and watching infomercials.  Amazon gave it great ratings as well (and it's the same price as the infomercial with S/H btw).
I was obsessed with having Hip Hop Abs and got the set for Mother's Day.
I will say that for the price there are several choices for workouts ranging from 5 minute turbo ones to 45 minute ones that leave you in a sweaty, sore mess on the floor.  The core workouts are Cardio Abs 1 and Ab Sculpt 1 that are each under 30 minutes.  The suggested workout calendar recommends doing 2 workouts on some days for maximum results, but I've been happy with the results despite not doing two a day.  Getting in a shorter workout is pretty easy most days, but putting aside an entire hour seems like a pretty big feat and chunk of time.
There is also a Total Body dvd and one that focuses only on the Legs, Butt and Thighs.

So, after 3 weeks, has there been a difference?  I won't be posting before and after photos, but I have lost an inch around my waist.  My son said I had rock hard abs, but that they were hard the last time he felt them too.
I had to remind him that the last time he had felt my stomach I was 9 months pregnant and it was a baby that was most likely making things feel hard, and not my muscles.
Now I'm not a dancer, or that flexible, or graceful, but I do like to mix things up.  I like to enjoy a workout, because when it gets down to it, if you don't enjoy it, you won't do it.  These dvds are fun.  Chances are I don't look like the people in the workout, but I'm kind of alright with it.  I'm still having a good time and more importantly, I'm getting a good workout.
So, I'm not quite ready for a belly piercing just yet, but you never know?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting again. You always are amazed that people read your blog. Well, be amazed because I do read it!

Lynne