May 21, 2013

Catalyst

It's easy to get into a rut.  To get stuck.  To get comfortable.
We all get there and it's not a happy place for me.

You see, I used to be a wife, mother, homeschooler, who also had a job that I loved, played at herbs and had plenty of free time for this play in general.
Life is now much sweeter, but much more simple and less complicated.  This initially sounds good, but I'm afraid there is a certain level of routine that sets in with a toddler in the house.  Routine is good for toddlers, but I need to remember that inside of me, there is still a mind that needs stimulation and a body that needs more than just chasing children.

So what does all this mean for the summer for me?
My goals include to study herbs more with practical applications (this means to get my hiney outside and harvest), to actually get some of the reading done for our next school year BEFORE the school year starts (I'm embarrassed to say how few things got read and actually completed for this year), to advance my homemaking skills (and I hope this doesn't sound as dorky to everyone else as it does to me), and to add milage and burn to my workouts.

I'm planning on committing to blogging again.  To document and to share some of the things that work for me in life.  I think that this helps to keep my attitude positive and keeps me in a happy place as well.

So basically, I hope to get comfortable with being uncomfortable over the next few weeks.

No comments: