May 1, 2011

Green...

I have to admit that I am easily bored and need a certain level of chaos in my daily life to be truly happy. Lately, though, life has been a bit normal and mundane... both synonyms in my book.
So I seem to constantly look for things to do that I find interesting or different (or strange, as my kids might say). My new passion has been green drinks. I have been reading Green Smoothies Diet and even got a new blender so that I could partake.
No, I didn't buy one of the mega-blenders, but a semi-mega one. The Ninja was on sale at my Target for $84 (cheaper than Kohls with a coupon, even). This was a 1000w machine with a 72oz capacity.
So now I'm drinking a green smoothie everyday at least with the hope of building up to a quart per day.
So, what do I blend? Pretty much everything and anything. I've thrown in whole cut up apples (I do twist off the stem as that grosses me out for some strange reason), lemons... peel and all, lettuce, spinach, kale, tomatoes.
I've also added in weeds from my yard including dandelion and morning glories that are just starting to appear.
So... where do I hope this will get me? Hopefully, 30 pounds lighter and 15 years younger, but I'm not holding my breath.
In reality, I don't know that it will make a huge difference. I'd like to think I eat healthy, but I do have the nagging feeling that a return to my vegetarian roots might not be far away.

2 comments:

Lynne B. said...

Glad you are still around. I was thinking of you today.
Lynne B.

Plantain said...

So glad to see a post from you! I am late as usual. Hope you'll post your favorite smoothies. It is about that season here.